Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Convert This

Southern Star Bank is now Fiscal United Bank. And I have the thirteen day work week to prove it!

We officially converted in name in March. We were forced to work all weekend, after having worked all week, to make sure that everything Southern Star was disposed of, burnt to a crisp, shredded into molecular powder. Seriously, we had to work on Sunday, and I haven't worked on Sunday since I was 17 (I was suspended for two softball games for using profanity as part of a zero-tolerance crackdown).

Needless to say, I was not pleased. Nor was I pleased to have to work on President's Day, despite the fact that the bank was fucking closed. Nor was I pleased to find out that we would be working on Columbus Day this year. Fiscal United is not off to a good start in my eyes. By the time that second Saturday afternoon rolled around, I was ready to claw the eyes out of a bobcat for some sleep. I am a long time sufferer of insomnia, and this stint has not helped.

Between learning all the new systems AND learning the new job, I'm pretty well strung out.

At least the people at the new branch have been treating me with dignity and respect.

No comments:

Post a Comment