Monday, October 6, 2008

F.D.I.C.-Ya On The Other Side

With the "big bailout" finally voted through, excitement abounds concerning the increased coverage provided by the FDIC that was tacked on to the bill. So with this increased coverage comes a deluge of questions from clients. Here are some of the best so far:

"So does this mean I'm fully covered now?" (usually asked by people with about $3,000 in the bank)

"Does this mean I need more signers on the account?"

"So my coverage does what now?"

"Benny-who?" (when asked about beneficiaries)

"So I have more money now?"

"Ok, its 100,000, times 250,000, that's 25,000,000, right?"

"Why don't you have candy on your desk like she does?" (with them pointing at my coworker's desk)

As I may have mentioned, we don't have the brightest clients.

No comments:

Post a Comment